Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ohhh, shopping!

I love Fry's. Mostly because they're almost always the cheapest around.

Right now they're having a sale on Kellogg stuff.

If you buy 4 participating items (see store flyer), they'll automatically take $4.00 off of your total - limit 2 rewards per transaction, that means that you can buy 8 participating things and they'll take the $4.00 off twice, but no more than twice per transaction.

If you got the 8/2 Arizona Republic, you'll probably be getting yourself some of this goodness, too! Check out my goodies!
(my kids helped take everything out of the bags...nice of them)
Here's all that I bought:

(coupons taken from the 8/2 Kellogg insert and the 8/2 RP)

20 - boxes of Kellogg's cereal
6 - boxes of Rice Crispy treats (8 per box)
6 - packages of Keebler cookies
6 - boxes of Nutri-Grain bars (8 per box)
6 - boxes of 100 calorie snacks (12 per box)
7 - boxes of Kellogg's fruit snacks (10 per box)
I have a sneaky 6 y/o that threw in an extra one, I only wanted 6.
4 - 2 lb. packs of 93% ground beef
6 - Ragu
9 - Knorr Rice Sides
3 - Diet Dr. Pepper 2 liters

I spent $79.28 OOP / after taxes


Saved: $199.64

Please note that I did 7 seperate transactions so that I could get the $4.00 taken off more than twice. I took my 3 kids (not suggested for beginners, or anyone for that matter), my cashier was cranky, but I did it, and so can you!!

Sad, empty pantry...down to only 7 boxes of cereal.
I like to keep at least 20 on hand.


Much better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! I just got home from frys and my puchases/savings were nothing to write about. :( My cereal cabinet is also looking pretty pathetic about now and so I think I'll be making another trip to frys tomorrow :D
~JnLsmom

Connie said...

Don't forget to check out the General Mills sale going on at Albertsons this week, it's very similar, and great if your family prefers the GM stuff over the Kellogg :)