Sunday, November 2, 2008

Because I have been given much, I too must give. . .

THE BOX
"But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God. And after ye have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches, if ye seek them; and ye will seek them for the intent to do good—to clothe the naked, and to feed the hungry, and to liberate the captive, and administer relief to the sick and the afflicted."
Jacob 2:18-19

I packed up this box with about 12 boxes of cereal, deodorants, body wash, toothbrushes, toothpaste, baby wash, kids toothpaste, razors, other foods, etc., for a family friend that I found out is in severe need.

Because I've been given the desire and ability to save money for my family, I often manage to get many, many things for free. I feel like I am blessed, very blessed. And because I am able to do so much for my own family with the knowledge that I've been blessed with, I feel that I must also give to others. Outside of giving 10% of our income to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, of which we are devote members, as well as other monetary donations towards things such as fast offerings, I also give a lot of the excess stuff that I obtain to family and friends that are in need.

I honestly love doing service. My husband often tells me that I serve too much, but how can I resist when I feel so grateful for all that I've been given. I also love teaching my children to love and serve others. And because we serve, His blessings just keep on coming. . . You can't lose when you serve. We're all on this earth to help each other out. Let's all remember to serve and give, especially this special time of year.

2 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

That is awesome Connie! Groceries are a neccessary item that is usually hard to give to other people, because you are busy affording it for your own family. I'm glad you are getting such great savings that you can pass on to other people! Good job!
PS I'm so glad you started this blog....I need to do this more, your savings are incredible!

Our Paper Plates said...

that is so awesome. i believe where much is given, much is required :) i can't wait to see you this weekend at the coupon class. i cant wait to learn all the little tricks on how to use coupons efficiently!